Alright, so it might be a little more difficult to just pick a single best rated android tablet. More Question Markoften then not, the tablet that would be best for you depends on what you are looking for in a tablet. For instance, how much RAM do you need? How much hard drive space do you require? Is there a particular screen size that you are more fond of?
Not to mention the endless list of possible accessories depending on the tablet of your choice. Below is a small list of questions should ask yourself before you even think about deciding what tablet (not just android) is the right one for you.
How to Select your Computer Tablet
1. What screen size do you want?
– Do you want a 10 inch or a 7 inch android tablet (keep in mind that there are other available sizes, these are just 2 of the most popular)
2. What accessories are you looking at buying in the near future?
– There are a ton of factors that will play a role in what accessories a tablet will have available. If there is something you want (keyboard, cases, speakers, mouse, etc.) go look if it’s available for the your tablet (amazon is a good place)
– This may be the single most important general question. Most tablets today feature a broad range of features that may be important to you.
– A list of possible features include: bluetooth capability, micro SD, webcams, screen resolution, gps capability, G sensor, etc.
– While I wouldn’t consider this the most important question, lets be honest, IT MATTERS!
– Most of the best rated android tabs and future upcoming android tabs will be priced somewhere between $200 – $500. Keep in mind, price often reflects quality!
1. How much RAM do your daily tasks require to operate smoothly?
– Don’t cut corners here, this can be the difference between a slow and laggy experience and a lightning fast and enjoyable one.
2. How much storage space reflects your desired tablet usage?
– If your someone with 30 gb of music alone, a 16 gb tablet isn’t going to cut it.
– Remember, much like RAM, it’s better to have too much then not enough
1. What version of android will your potential tablet be running?
– Android 3.0 tablets and up (3.1, 3.2, etc) are the newest generation and are typically smoother than older versions of the OS. I highly recommend that you checkout software on your tablet because they tend to be less “buggy” than older versions. The new honeycomb android software looks to be the best out right now and will be found in all of the best android tabs.
– The Apple Ipad had virtually no competition from older android tabs and there is a reason. Don’t get an android tab running a very old OS ( < 2.0).
2. What software in general are you most comfortable with?
– Many potential tablet buyers might be more comfortable with other software (apple, windows, etc). This site is devoted to tablets and we will cover them all.
Top Android Tablets on the Market
Here you go, our top android tabc hoices based on previously stated criteria and actual user reviews. None of these tablets are perfect and we will continue to update this site as well as this page as upcoming android tabs hit the market. This list is not necessarily in order, these are just our contenders for that single best android tab spotlight.
Acer Iconia Tab A500 – Best Android Tablet Under 200
The Acer Iconia tablet is undoubtedly a contender for best tablet with android OS. Well priced and Acer Iconia Backfeatures the latest android honeycomb OS with different models featuring levels of performance for just about any user.An amazon review search on this tablet should leave you with no doubt about its’ abilities. However, there are still some bugs in the OS and the wi-fi signal tends to be weaker than other tablets.
10.1″ HD screen, dual core processor (Nvidia Tegra), 1 GB DDR2 Memory, 1 usb 2.0 port, 8 hours battery life, Micro SD memory card capable, 1 micro HDMI out, 5 MP rear facing camera, 2 MP front facing camera, supports google apps, brushed aluminum finish, price
still some bugs that show up in occasional tablets, gps issues with older motherboards, weak wi-fi signal, tablet heaviness, customer support
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus – Best Android Tablet Under 100
The Samsung Galaxy tablet offers the power of a larger tablet in a smaller box (7″ screen). There is a 16 GB or 32 GB version for more storage and the galaxy tablet offers a 1.2 GHz Samsung Galaxy 7.0 Plus Backdual-core processor. It also features the latest 3.2 honeycomb android software and great portability. There do still seem to be a few bugs, including the occasional occurrence of random shutting down.
very portable (7″ screen that is 0.76 lbs), adobe flash player support, android 3.2 software, dual core 1.2 GHz processor, 3 MP back camera and 2 MP front camera, can be used as a universal remote for your tv
Only 7″ (could be a positive for you), weak wi-fi, customer support, speakers
Asus Transformer Prime
The Asus Transformer Prime tablet is one of the most talked about tablets right now. It features the use of the eee pad keyboard (bought separately), the latest android honeycomb software, an upgraded camera,Transformer Prime Back
lightweight and slim (for a 10″ tablet), and a quad-core processor! However, it does feature some of the common problems of other android tabs. That being said, at the moment, this would be our best android tab pick if you are new to tablets and want an all around experience.
lighter and slimmer than most 10″ tablets, 8 MP rear camera and 1.2 MP front camera, can be docked with eee pad for better battery life, quad-core processor (NVIDIA TEGRA 3), android 3.2 honeycomb OS, 1 GB DDR2 memory, comprehensive warranty
features bugs that are found in many android tabs, occasional screen issue, weak wi-fi, gps issues, sluggish software (can update to ICS).
Upcoming Predictions and Nominees
New tablets seem to be constantly released (even more so than updates for the ones Award Ribbonalready out??) and this year will definitely be a big year for android based tablets. Some tablets to keep an eye on that haven’t proven out to be a contender yet, or were honorable mentions to our list, include: sony tablet s, motorola zoom 2, LG Optimus pad, HTC Flyer, Archos 101 G9, Asus Eee pad slider, samsung galaxy pad 8.9 and 10.1, Toshiba Thrive, and Amazon Kindle Fire. The future of android tabs looks pretty bright if companies can focus more time on eliminating buggy problems and hardware issues that seem rampant (wi-fi strength).
Check back often as we are constantly providing new and up-to-date reviews on the best value android tabs as well as new product reviews and general information. If there is particular tablet you would like to see reviewed, let us know!
Related: Best Meat Slicer